Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Never let me go

So I wrapped up what scared me most about Never let me go, and what really moved me about it, in a little paragraph that could have gone at the end of the book. It's a little vague so you may just have to roll with it.

"Through this story you have come to know me, my friends, you have felt as we did, seen our fate. Now they are all dead and I shall follow them in completion with the completion of this story. What horrors await me I cannot escape." Kathy H


3 comments:

  1. Well that passage is horrifying. To me it seems that there is some emotional remorse. Throughout the entire book Cathy H. has been very mechanical, it is not until the end that some emtion is shown through. That is what is terrifying about the ending to me. When I read this I had this imagine in my head of all the childern surronding her laughing being carefree then all of a sudden, they slowing start to fade away and the only person left is her. It gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrifying? I really hope your not talking about my spelling? Yes I see how she has been very mechanical, and yes the image gives me chills to, but it's how the story hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it as horrifying in the best Gothic way. :)

    ReplyDelete